Who cares about gutters anyway? If you are a homeowner, you should. Neglecting to clean your gutters can lead to all sorts of problems in your home that can be very expensive to fix. Gutter cleaning now will save you a great deal of time, money, and headaches in your future.
For example, did you know:
- Dirty gutters gather dirt, debris, and dead vegetation. This can lead to rotting wood over time, necessitating new gutters around your whole home.
- Insects, rodents, and other small creatures can live in that debris, causing you headaches when they find their way into your home or eat away your gutters.
- Debris-filled gutters also cause excess water to run into your home, cracking foundations and basements, leading to very costly repairs.
- Water overflowing from dirty gutters can also cause your home’s foundation to crack. This becomes problematic when the foundation of your home cracks to the point where it is no longer safe to hold up your house.
- Overflow from dirty gutters can lead to cracked sidewalks around your home. Besides looking unsightly, this could cause serious accidents if you, your loved ones, or a stranger trips on uneven sidewalk.
With winter approaching, getting your gutters cleaned is a project you don’t want to postpone any longer.